Features of business
- Low Cost Investment - $200K "all in"
- 2 businesses for one franchise fee (Moving and Junk
- Multiple revenue streams (Moving, Move Labor, Junk
- 6-8 part time Employees to start with
- B2B and B2C component
- Eco-friendly and green business
- Strong brand name with national recognition
- Small industrial type office space
- Franchise Grade: A Rated Franchise
- Franchise Chatter: Top Rated Franchise
- Franchise Business Review: 2020 Top Franchise
- Entrepreneur Magazine: 2020 Top Low Cost
- Entrepreneur Magazine: 2020 Top Franchise For
- Entrepreneur Magazine: 2020 Top Growth
Franchise -most explosive growth over the past 3 years
- Inc. 5000: Fastest-Growing Logistics &
Transportation Companies In America
Function of the franchise owner / daily tasks
1. Building a management structure to organize hauling and moving
teams each day
2. Sales and Business Development to be build a Residential and
3. Reviewing key metrics, building a strong team culture, building
local partnerships and relationships that add value to the business
and ensure overall success
4. Managing a fleet of trucks
5. Managing a marketing budget
6. Networking and building relationships with other local business
owners, real estate agents, municipal government officials,
property managers, and charity organizations. These relationships
not only help secure more job bookings for your franchise going
forward, they also give your community a favorable view of you,
your employees, and the College Hunks brand name.
You may choose to hire a GM to handle a large portion of the
day-to-day operations, but many owners stay hands-on managing teams
and building the business with our assistance.
The big, orange trucks are essential marketing tools, and the teams
on the trucks will perform various sales and marketing tactics
throughout the day.
- Net Promoter Score increased to 86 (up to
- SLC (Call Center) booked 313,000 jobs for franchise owners in
2020 (up from 278K in 2019)
- SLC overall Booking % went up from 68.2% in 2019 to
75.4% in 2020
- SLC generated $4.8M additional revenue in 2020
from Open Leads (individuals that didn't book on the first call to
us, that we reached back out to)
- 2020 Systemwide revenue grew 17% YoY (despite
Move being stuck in place at the beginning of COVID)
- Franchisee Net Income as a percent of Revenue increased
- Despite millions of Americans being out of work, our average
job size increased YoY
- Franchisee Average Acquisition Cost per Job decreased
- We added a record number of new franchise owners in 2020 with
40 new franchisees joining the College Hunks
- College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving is data driven but we're
very socially conscious. Probably our proudest achievement this
past year was helping over 100 individuals leave their abusers when
we began offering free moves for victims of domestic
Is there an Earnings claim?
Yes, we are proud of our incredible Item 19!
- Top 25% of franchisees averaged
$2,482,687 Gross Revenue in 2019 with EBITA of 19%
- The average franchisee gross revenue in 2019
was $1,257,610 with EBITA of 18% -
Yes, we provide exclusive zones for our franchisees.
Description of territory
Each territory is exclusive, with a 300-400K population range per
standard zone. Small markets are available in zones with less than
300K in population.
Desired background of future College Hunk franchise
1. Leaders who can teach their team members how to become leaders
in their own right. A candidate's attitude and personality should
be enthusiastic, optimistic and filled with passion. Building
leaders is a core value.
2. As far as experience, we're looking primarily
for candidates with backgrounds in sales, business
development/ownership, marketing but will also consider candidates
that are people oriented, good listeners, follows process, "can do"
positive attitude and detail oriented. Leadership isn't
gender-based and female franchise owners do great!
3. Work hard and have fun Any combination of these
traits or experiences, along with the capital to invest in a
franchise, would make a prime candidate to own a College Hunks
Hauling Junk and College Hunks Moving franchise. Having fun is one
of our core values! After all, we are a collegiate-themed company
with a sense of humor. Furthermore, most of a franchisee's
employees are youthful, college-aged workers who naturally have a
zest for life. While helping to develop them into future leaders,
they can, in turn, help you to stay positive, energetic and
youthful throughout your workday. In this regard, it is a mutually
beneficial relationship between owner and employee.
Competitive advantage of the service
- A Net Promoter Score (NPS) higher than brands like Amazon,
Apple, Costco, Nordstrom South West Airlines
- 150,000 5-Star Google Reviews
- $30,000,000 in national media exposure
- The #1 Call Center in the United States employing 150 agents
(in-house) that booked 313,000 jobs for less than
130 open locations in 2020
- Social Equity in the communities we serve - providing 2
nutritious meals for every job we do to a charity called
"Feeding Children Everywhere" and partnerships
with Habitat for Humanity and
Goodwill among others
- Social Justice - moving victims of domestic
violence for free!
- Branding. We are the "Purple Cow" of
franchising. Very few brands have customers taking selfies with
trucks and posting it on Facebook or posting Tik Tok videos with
our team members.